Add Album Art to Windows Media Player Music Files in Windows 10
Today we will look at how to add Album Art to Windows Media Player items in Windows 10. Let’s see how Easy File Renamer can help us do the job.
The important point over here is that the ideal solution should not only help us accomplish the task, but it should be as hassle-free as possible. It should make the entire task easy for the user.
Use Easy File Renamer
- First of all, install Easy File Renamer software on your system. You can easily download it from its official website.
- Launch the software and select the Music Fixer tab.
- Now add an MP3 file to the software. For starters, the Easy File Renamer software not just renames music files, it also allows users to rename documents, audio files, video files, images and even folders in bulk.
- Once you have added the song, EFR will show up the fixes required in the relevant fields, as shown in the image below.
- Now simply click the orange pencil icon just before the song in the Easy Filer Renamer interface, and select Edit Image just below the Album Art from the next window.
- Select the image and click Open | Update.
Use Windows Media Player
Now let’s turn our attention on performing the same task by using the native Windows Media Player.
Here is how to set it up.
- Launch Windows Media Player and click the Organize menu.
- Now select Options and select the checkbox for Retrieve additional information from the Internet.
- Next, choose between the next 2 radio boxes whether you want only the missing information to be saved or if you want the entire information to replace the existing metadata.
- Now head to the Privacy tab.
- Select the checkbox for Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet.
- Click OK to save the changes.
The above-mentioned methods will fetch Album Art from the Internet and add it to the MP3 file. However, if you want to add a custom image, here is what you need to do.
- Navigate to the image you want to use as Album Art, and copy that image via the context menu.
- Open up Media Player and navigate to the Music section.
- Now simply right-click the song you want to amend the Album Art for and select Paste album art.
That’s it. You’ve learned today how to add Album Art for a song by using 2 different software programs. Have a great day folks!
Raza Ali Kazmi works as an editor and technology content writer at Sorcim Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. He loves to pen down articles on a wide array of technology related topics and has also been diligently testing software solutions on Windows & Mac platforms.