Apple’s Keynote is part of the iWork Productivity Suite. It is a creative presentation software used to design office presentations by collaborating with colleagues. Keynote is also used by students, professionals, lecturers and public speakers.
If giving presentations in front of your business clients or school students is a part of your organizational activity, you might have faced the hurdle of duplication. A lot of Keynote files with the same name and title could make things difficult, and quite messy. At worse, you might not be able to find the right version of the file when you badly need it. Or you might just open an altogether wrong file that shares the same name and title. Worry not, we’ve compiled an easy to use solution to address this issue. You’ll learn to organize your files and fix duplication with great ease.
Search & Fix Duplicate Keynote Presentations
While it is not possible to manually compare each file on your Mac’s SSD, a third-party tool called Clone Files Checker for Mac can do this job in minutes. CFC has an in-house file previewing feature so that you don’t have to use a third-party tool to preview image, music and video files. CFC gives you total control and flexibility to filter files by their size and kind. Most importantly, CFC has a very simple and easy-to-use interface. This helps even novice Mac users use it to scan and delete duplicate Keynote presentations without requiring anyone else to assist them.
It’s time to jump to the actual procedure.
- Download the setup file of Clone Files Checker and install it on your Mac.
- Open up Clone Files Checker and click Add to add all the locations you want to scan.
- In the next step, you can opt to limit the scan to a single/ select file types and limit it by file size also. However, these steps can be safely ignored without the scan integrity being affected.
- Click Start Search and wait while the results are accumulated.
- Once the scan is finished, you’ll be shown the summarized results. Click the Review & Fix button in the pop-up.
- Now you will be seeing the duplicate Keynote files laid out. You can either manually select them, or use the Select Duplicates button to identify criteria, i.e. oldest, newest, most modified, least modified, and by file locations.
- The last part is to click Select Action and choose between the Move Duplicate Files to Folder and the Permanently Delete Duplicate Files options.
Clone Files Checker for Mac makes the whole job look a lot simple and easy. It performs a deep scan within moments, and what the user gets in the end is their Mac SSD that is totally free of duplicate Keynote presentation files.
Raza Ali Kazmi works as an editor and technology content writer at Sorcim Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. He loves to pen down articles on a wide array of technology related topics and has also been diligently testing software solutions on Windows & Mac platforms.