Microsoft Dynamics Duplicate Detection Rules Explained
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Entrepreneur Resource Planning (ERP) software for businesses. It provides a combination of features that are part of both the existing CRM and ERP systems. This includes operations, project management, sales, marketing, and performance tracking, all at one place.
Product Spotlight (Cloud Duplicate Finder): Use Cloud Duplicate Finder to instantly remove 1000s of duplicates from OneDrive and more, 100% online.
CDF is a web-app made by our company, Sorcim Technologies. Use it and share your feedback with us!
The software is currently available in two editions, namely Business edition and Enterprise edition. The Business edition targets small and medium-sized enterprises whereas the Enterprise edition targets large enterprises. CRM helps businesses improve the organization’s sales and provides better assistance to the customers.
Dynamics 365 helps businesses achieve optimum client satisfaction using the advanced system of business intelligence. Not only is Dynamics 365 cheaper than its competitors, but it also provides them the ability to customize it as per one’s need. Enjoy the touch screen interface, integration with Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft SharePoint, and much more at a reasonable price.
Some of the key features and advantages of Microsoft Dynamics 365 are given below:
Organize & Group Contacts
Microsoft Dynamics 365 lets businesses manage their contacts; organize contacts into different groups. This can be very beneficial while launching a new product. It assists businesses to form key strategies that help grow more yet provides maximum customer satisfaction.
Convert Prospective Buyers into Customers
The process of lead scoring can help businesses not only convert prospective buyers into customers, but it also retains them for a prolonged period. With Dynamics 365, improve coordination with the sales team and increase the efficiency of the business using industry-leading tools.
Better Lead Management
Determine high-quality leads and focus on them at the right time. Dynamics 365 shows up alerts time-to-time to make things easier and simpler.
Highly Interactive Statistical Info
Microsoft Dynamics 365 provides highly interactive statistical information in real time. This information can be a great help for the organisation’s management to take data-driven decisions and form various strategies. Microsoft Dynamics 365 let’s businesses track sales leads, manage relationships with their customers, deliver actionable data, and much more to improve sales and marketing.
Build Sales Campaign
With Dynamics 365, the team can put together and analyze all data collected from different platforms- Internet polls, social media, ground reports, market analysis, etc.
Evaluate Old Sales Campaigns
Just like we can track the performance of current campaigns, businesses can evaluate the performance of their old campaigns and rectify mistakes.
This is a great feature. The employees don’t have to be with their PCs/ laptops every time. Just like a Windows Store edition, Dynamics 365 comes with a smartphone app (supports both Android and iPhone). This can help the sales team create campaigns, set alerts and get grip on the information with ease.
Power of Automation
Microsoft Dynamics 365 takes care of follow-up campaigns to boost the sales. This can save a lot of time for the employees and they can focus on other productive aspects.
Why is it Essential to Enforce Duplicates Detection Rules?
A business may have to deal with a lot of individuals and entities. As such, the data can be so huge in size. It is bound to get filled with identical records that cause disorganization, disintegrity and clutter up local or cloud storage.
Too many duplicate pieces of the same information can actually damage the marketing campaigns, customer support and long term business goals.
Imagine the phone support team is trying to pull out an on-call customer’s information. But the data has too many identical entries that it is difficult to distinguish between original and duplicate entries. This can and does happen, and adversely affect the functioning of the organization and cause poor customer service to the end user.
The solution lies in creating duplicate detection rules for business leads, contacts and accounts. Instead of accumulating huge duplicate data and then checking it for duplicates, the best idea is to prevent the occurrence of duplicates at first. Set up duplicate detection rules at once and enjoy a de-duplicated system forever. This is a meaningful way to deal with the problem of duplication.
How Does Dynamics 365 Duplicate Detection Works?
When a user tries to add a new record, Microsoft Dynamics 365 warns him/ her that a duplicate record is detected. However, Dynamics 365 will not entirely prevent the user from adding the record. It is up to the user to override the warning or cancel the operation. He/ she may also choose to edit the previous records and merge any additional information. This is primarily because the criteria of duplicate records varies in each situation. For example: There may be two subsidiary accounts of the same company having the same website, which necessarily doesn’t mean duplicates.
Dynamics Duplicate Detection Rules
Setting up proper duplicate rules can be a big help to minimize duplication. Microsoft Dynamics provides the following duplicate detection rules to identify and fix duplicates:
- Accounts with the same account name: These are the accounts with the same account name.
- Accounts with the same email address: These are the customers that are signed up or subscribed to your service from the same email address. This is a powerful parameter to identify duplicate entries.
- Accounts with the same phone number: Two or more records matching the same phone number. Yet another significant parameter.
- Accounts with the same website: Some records may have the same website URL.
- Accounts with the same business phone number: Some records may have the same business phone number used. Again, this can be a case of subsidiary accounts of the same company and need not always be duplicate.
- Accounts with the same first & last name: Having the same first and last name can be a good parameter to identify duplicates. However, there is also a probability of false positives. Many people sharing the same first and last names may be altogether two different individuals. If this parameter is used in combination with other rules, it can reduce the possibility of false positives and actually help.
- Leads with the same email address: These are the prospective buyers of your product/ service with the same email addresses. Get rid of duplicate leads with the same email address so that your sales force can focus on real prospects.
- Social profiles with the same full name and social channel: Many companies give options to their customers to register new accounts using their social media profiles. It saves a lot of time as the profile details are automatically filled up. You can identify such duplicate records using this parameter.
Businesses can apply one or more parameters above. Dynamics 365 will warn users every time a duplicate content is detected- whether first/ last name, website, phone no or anything else.
How to Set Up Duplicate Detection Rules?
In order to set up duplicate detection rules, you must decide a parameter to identify duplicates. For example: Customers with the same business phone number to be considered as duplicates. Here’s how to set up detection rules:
- Login to your Microsoft Dynamics 365 account, and go to Settings.
- Click on Data Management.
- Select Duplicate Detection Rules.
- Click the New icon on the toolbar.
- Specify a name for your rule.
- Enter a description to assist your employees about the duplicates identification criteria. (Optional)
- Select an entity into the Base Record Type drop-down.
- Select an entity into the Matching Record Type drop-down.
- Optionally, you can make the rule case sensitive. However, this is not recommended.
- Choose a criteria to identify duplicates. This is your duplicate detection rule.
- Click on Save and close.
- Click on Publish for the new change to take effect.
Sorcim Technologies is a privately limited company which develops software, web and smartphone apps. Sorcim is in business since 2005. Its products are listed in leading software publishers’ sites. The content written for this blog is owned by the company. If you have any questions related to Sorcim products or content, feel free to contact us.