What Is A Cloud Printer & How To Cloud Print Files? How To Avoid Duplicate Printing Of Your Documents?
Today, the cloud is not just about storing your files. The technology has expanded itself into multiple forms. One of them is cloud printing.
The cloud printing technology offers you an innovative way to print documents, images and other files by routing print jobs through the Internet. Businesses are migrating to the cloud and there is a growing fascination with the concept of cloud printers.
Cloud printers use Wi-Fi networks to share printers between different devices, similar to how users share large files over the Web.
With a cloud printer, you do not have to be physically present at the printer device. You can route print jobs from any part of the world, using any device or operating system. Cloud printing establishes a connection between your mobile, computer or tablet to a printer station. However, this requires users to initially set up the printer with Google’s CloudPrint platform or any other third-party service. A cloud printer connector device must be plugged in if you’re using a traditional legacy printer.
Benefits Of Cloud Printing
There are many advantages to using cloud printing. Cloud printing is more convenient than traditional types of printing. Some of the advantages are as under:
Economical: Cloud-based printing solution is economical. Businesses may use this technology to save operating costs and capital expenditure of IT infrastructure.
Easy and Instant Set-Up: It is relatively easy to set up cloud print stations straight away. Once you’ve integrated your printer to Google CloudPrint servers, your printer is cloud-ready. It will appear irrespective of the computer or mobile device you use. You do not need to set it up separately on all other devices. This can save a lot of your time and increase organizational efficiency.
User Friendly: Cloud printing eliminates wiring connectivity issues, outdated drivers errors. Users can enjoy seamless printing. Users do not have to rely on a specific device. They can use any device for printing for on-demand printing. The geographical place also doesn’t matter.
Analytics & Print Statistics: Businesses can get advanced statistics and analytical information. Cloud printing also supports integration with the Microsoft Power BI.
Upgrade: Cloud offers many other benefits. One of them is a seamless automatic upgrade. You get instant access to technological innovations, security patches, and performance boosters without having to do anything from your side.
Compatibility: Cloud makes your printer compatible with any device. You may use multiple devices to print documents irrespective of the operating system and hardware configurations.
Over-the-Cloud Printing: Cloud enables you to quickly print documents that are not stored on your local computer or organization’s network. You can print documents over-the-cloud without having to download. Cloud printing works by routing jobs between your device and a printer. You can select a cloud-ready or traditional legacy printing device of your choice and the system will automatically do the rest of the job.
Eco-friendly: Cloud reduces carbon emissions and protects your environment. It is more eco-friendly than traditional types of printing.
- A computer with an Internet connection
- A printer (cloud-ready or legacy) connected to the computer
- A cloud printer connector device (only in the case you’re using a traditional legacy printer)
- Another Internet-enabled device (such as a computer, smartphone or tablet) to order print commands from out of your office/ home
How To Print Documents & Files Using Cloud Printers?
Step 1: Connect your printer with Google CloudPrint
- Power on your legacy printer and connect the cloud printer connector device.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Log-in to your Gmail account to add your printer. If you’ve multiple Gmail accounts, make sure that you have access to your account out of your workplace/ home.
- Click on the Menu icon (3-dots) on the upper right corner of your Chrome window.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and choose Advanced.
- Click Google CloudPrint in the Printing category.
- Click on Manage CloudPrint devices.
- If you’re using a cloud-ready printer, it will be automatically detected.
- If you’re using a legacy printer, click on the Add Printers button in the Classic Printers category.
- Google Cloud Print will display a list of all printers attached to your computer. In addition to the connected printers, you will see two other optional printers- Microsoft Print to PDF and Microsoft XPS Document Writer. You would be better off checking both of them.
- Check the relevant printer connected to your computer (for example HP Multifunction InkJet Printer).
- Make sure that the option “Automatically register new printers that I connect” is already checked.
- Click on the Add Printer(s) button.
- Wait for some time and Google will recognize your printer.
- Once your printer is recognized, click on Manage your printer’s link label.
- You will now be able to see all the printers connected to your Google account.
Step 2: Print a document, image or webpage
The following steps illustrate the cloud printing procedure using Google Chrome browser. However, you may print your files using other supporting applications as well. However, the actual steps may differ.
Using an Android Smartphone:
- Open the Google Chrome web browser on your Android smartphone. If you don’t have it installed, download from the PlayStore.
- Open an image, web page or document you like to print.
- Tap the Menu icon (3-dots), select Share.
- Choose the Print option.
- Choose the printer you’ve already integrated with your Google CloudPrint account.
- You can further change your print configurations by tapping the downward arrow. (Optional)
- Finally, tap Print.
Using a Windows Computer/ Macbook:
- Open the Google Chrome web browser.
- Open an image, web page or document you like to print.
- Click on the File menu, select Print. Alternatively, you may use the Ctrl + P key combination.
- Select the printer you’ve added to cloud printing. If you cannot find your printer, use the See More option for a complete list.
- Optionally, you can configure your print settings.
- Click on the Print button.
Note: If your document is stored offline, you can still open it into your browser’s window by simply copy-pasting the full path into the Address Bar. For example: C:\Users\John\Documents\Doc1.pdf. Remember, not all documents are viewable into the browser.
Fix Duplicate Files On Cloud For Seamless Printing Without Duplication
One common problem faced by businesses while using cloud printing technology is duplication. It is normal to accumulate a lot of duplicates over a while. Not only duplicates waste your cloud storage, but you may also accidentally print a lot of identical files even though you may not need them. One way to avoid it is to regularly scan your cloud account (Google Drive, OneDrive, Box or Dropbox) for duplication. Sorcim’s Cloud Duplicate Finder can do wonders.
Cloud Duplicate Finder is a browser-based solution to search for duplicates on the cloud. You can integrate any popular cloud service platform without compromising your privacy. CDF uses the official APIs from respective cloud providers to obtain file access permission, which can be revoked later. You can search for any file type among documents, images, music, archives and videos.
Here are some of the essential features:
- Flexibility: Users can change the scan options to specify which file types to scan and which ones to ignore. You can search for all sorts of files or use custom file types based on your needs.
- Move to Folder: Don’t want to delete your files permanently? Don’t worry. Simply move your files to a separate folder and review them later.
- Move to Trash: You may move your duplicates to the Trash. Depending on your cloud service provider’s policy, your files may be kept for a specific time period or until you delete them permanently. Typically, files are auto-deleted from the Trash after 90 days, however, this may differ.
- Unique Identifiers: Cloud Duplicate Finder uses the industry-leading MD5 hash algorithm to identify your duplicate files. This eliminates any possibility of false positives.
- Cross-compatibility: CDF can be accessed from any device, any operating system. It is an entirely browser-based software that does not require any kind of download or installation. All you need is an active Internet connection and a web browser to access the CDF website.
- Previewing: CDF displays file preview for better reviewing. You do not need to open a single file. It can save a lot of bandwidth and valuable time.