Download Music to Google Drive and Delete Duplicate Songs
Google Drive does not come with an in-house functionality to directly save music to your cloud. The only official method available is to manually upload all your music to Google Drive- either through your browser or automatically backup using the Google Drive software.
Fortunately, a third-party extension has made it possible to directly download your songs or any other file for that matter, to Google Drive.
Using the Save to Google Drive Extension
If you’re using the Google Chrome browser or any Chromium-based browser such as Microsoft Edge, you can accomplish it using a small extension called Save to Google Drive.
Installation & Setup:
- Open up Google Chrome.
- Open the Save to Google Drive page on the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
- Google Chrome will display a confirmation prompt. Click on the Add extension button.
- Please wait till the extension is downloaded and installed.
- Once the extension is installed, a pop-up will display the success message.
- Click on the Close [x] icon.
- Now click on the Save to Google Drive extension icon on the toolbar.
- Select Options from the menu.
- Click on Change destination folder under the Save to Folder category.
- Set one of the folders on your Google Drive as the default folder to save the content.
- Click on Select.
Download your Music Directly to Google Drive
- Simply right-click on the download link of any music file.
- Select Save link to Google Drive.
- For the first time, a permission dialog will be displayed. Click on Allow.
- Once you’ve provided the required privileges, the file will be saved to your default folder on Google Drive.
Dedupe your Google Drive Duplicate Songs & Free-Up Storage
It’s a good practice to regularly find and delete duplicate songs and other files in your Google Drive account. It will help you free-up storage and make the music sync process faster and smoother.
- Visit the Cloud Duplicate Finder website.
- Create a new account and then login to your new account.
- Click on the Google Drive header icon.
- Click on Add New Drive.
- CDF will list all folders in your Google Drive account. Use the checkboxes for the folders that contain your duplicate files.
- In the Customize Scan, select Custom Files > Music.
- Click on Scan.
- Once the scan is finished, use the Select Duplicates button to mark/ unmark hundreds of duplicate songs with one-click.
- Click on Select Action and choose Permanent Delete or Move to Folder.
Raza Ali Kazmi works as an editor and technology content writer at Sorcim Technologies (Pvt) Ltd. He loves to pen down articles on a wide array of technology related topics and has also been diligently testing software solutions on Windows & Mac platforms.